7 Places To Buy Cheap Domain Name
Domain name registrars are the companies which provide you the domain name for your blog/site. Your chosen domain name registrar will manage the DNS servers that direct the visitors to your blog. They will also keep your contact information protected, help you set up SSL certificate, and so on. Since domain registrars play such an important role, it is crucial that you choose a reliable registrar.
There are so many domain registrars available that people often get confused about which one they should choose. If you want to choose the best domain registrar, you have come to the right place.
In today’s post, I am going to introduce you to the 7 best domain name registrars in 2017. After reading this post, you will able to choose one for you.
Now let’s see the list of best domain registrars.
Namecheap is one of the most popular domain registrars that are available right now. Transparent pricing is the primary reason behind its incredible popularity. Namecheap supports all the common top-level domains including .com, .net, .org along with the country-specific ones.
If you know which TLD you want, you can search directly for that domain. The handy search feature enables you to find out your desired domain names. You can search up to 50 domains at a time. The global network of DNS servers will ensure the best performance of your domain.
Each domain comes with free email and URL forwarding, which means you won’t have to purchase these features separately. Namecheap helps you to ensure the best security for your domains. With each purchase, you will get a free one-year Whois protection and a discount on the SSL certificate. Their awesome support team can help you to solve any problems you face.
- Supports a wide range of top-level domains.
- Superior DNS performance.
- Convenient multiple domain search feature.
- Free Whois for one year and discounted SSL certificate.
- Flexible domain management tool tools.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Consistent renewal pricing.
- Offers free Whois guard for 1 year.
- One of the lowest renewal fees.
- Simple user interface without upselling or promotion.
- No telephone support.
- Doesn’t offer that much discount.
GoDaddy is the largest domain registrar that is especially known for its lucrative introductory pricing. The company supports all the common domain names along with special ones like .cafe, .pub, .photos, .photography, and so on.
In case you are looking for a domain name for your local business, GoDaddy has got you covered. You can choose a country-specific extension for your domain. The bulk search tool enables you to search up to 500 domains at a time. The privacy protection feature will keep your contact information safe from the spammers.
GoDaddy auctions provide an interesting way to get hold of attractive domain names. You can use the website or the dedicated mobile app to participate in the auction. If you own a lot of domains, you can become a discount domain club member. Members enjoy up to 40% discounts on domain registration, renewal, and transfer fees.
- Supports all the common domain extensions.
- Lots of promotional offers.
- Strong privacy protection against spammers.
- Bulk search for up to 500 domains.
- Regular auctions for getting premium domains.
- Exclusive club membership for attractive discounts.
- Ad revenue sharing for the unused domains.
- Offers a 0.99 domain.
- Suitable for purchasing short-term domains.
- Detailed knowledge base answers all common questions.
- Promotes too many offers and upsells.
- Renewal price is higher than Namecheap.
3. Google Domains
As you can guess, this is a domain registrar company of Google. Since it started operation in late 2014, it has managed to become a popular destination for registering new domains. The company follows a simple pricing policy that remains the same during the renewals.
Since this is a Google product, you can rest assured that your website will be served by world’s best DNS servers. The domains feature close integration with G suite and Google App Engine. You can create up to 100 email aliases for your domain, and forward these to other email addresses.
The pricing includes private registration, which will keep your name, address, and other contact information protected. Simple integration with the leading website builder platforms will make it a lot easier to get started with your website.
- Built-in private registration for all domains.
- Integration with popular website builders.
- Up to 100 email aliases with complete G suite support.
- Fully customizable sub-domains.
- Domains are powered by the Google DNS servers.
- Instant customer support via chat, phone, and email.
- The familiar Google interface.
- Several web hosting partners.
- Seamless integration with Google App Engine.
- Complete support for G Suite emails.
- Comparatively higher cost.
- No discounts for long-term registration.
1&1 hosts more than 12 million domain names, which makes it one of the largest domain registrar companies. The company supports a wide range of domain name extensions along with very attractive introductory prices.
Each domain order includes free Whois privacy and SSL certificate for one year. You can have an email account with 2GB of space and unlimited forwarding. It is possible to create as many subdomains as you want. The integrated domain lock system will ensure that your domains are not getting hijacked.
When it comes to security, 1&1 data centers follow the industry best practices. As the data centers are located in separate geographic locations, your website will be available even if the primary data center goes down.
- Supports both standard and new domain extensions.
- Domains include free SSL and Whois protection.
- Generous mailbox space for the email account.
- Automatic data center switching.
- 24/7 professional customer care.
- Allows unlimited subdomains.
- Generous mailbox space of 2GB.
- Free SSL certificate for the domains.
- Domains are a bit overpriced than others.
- Large difference between the introductory and renewal price.
- No live chat support
Name.com is another reputable domain registrar for getting new domains. Like the other registrars, they support lots of interesting domain extensions like .live, .club, .fun, .games, .online, and so on. There is a handy domain extension price list that makes it very simple to check out the prices for different extensions.
The bulk domain search feature will be useful for finding out several domains at once. You can filter the domains by the group or specific extensions. When looking for premium domains, you can use advanced filters like exclude numbers, hyphens, define the price range, length, etc. The expiring domains list will help you keep track of the domains that are expiring soon.
Name.com supports privacy protection to secure your personal data. The integrated website builder will come in handy when you are creating the website from scratch. It is also possible to create email addresses by using your domain name.
- Complete price list for all domain extensions.
- Intuitive domain filtering system.
- Detailed list of the expiring domains.
- Separate option for searching premium domains.
- Privacy protection for securing your contact details.
- Powerful domain search features.
- Clear pricing information for various extensions.
- Lower price for G suite and domain transfers.
- Doesn’t offer too many upsells.
- Customer support not available 24/7.
- Doesn’t provide free Whois protection.
Register.com is another popular source for purchasing new domains. This registrar supports all the common domain extensions and enables you to pre-register for upcoming extensions. You can use the bulk search feature to find out multiple domains at once.
There is a built-in Whois lookup feature that enables you to find out the contact information for any domain. If you are looking for an exclusive domain, you can use the premium domain search feature. The DIY website builder makes it a lot easier to create your own designs.
Private domain registration enables you to protect your contact details and other personal information. There is a unique domain protection feature to secure the domain in case you fail to renew it on time. It is also possible to forward your domain to another domain name.
- Supports domain forwarding to other addresses.
- Premium domain filtering by keywords or categories.
- Bulk search for up to 50 domains.
- Domain forwarding supports multiple destinations.
- Expiry protection to secure the domain from expiring.
- Expensive privacy protection.
- You have to pay to remove ads from forwarding domains.
Gandi.net is another notable domain registrar for getting regular and exclusive domains. The company offers various promotions on different domain extensions on a regular basis. They also allow advance booking for new domain extensions. The popular TLD section will help you find out the most used domain extensions.
The bulk search will come in handy when you want to look for several domains at once. You can filter the search by specifying the extension type(s). The detailed price chart offers all the expenses for different domain name extensions.
Each domain comes with a free SSL certificate for one year. Gandi Site is a unique feature that helps you to create dynamic websites within a short period of time. The powerful dashboard offers all the necessary features and tools for managing your domains.
- Promotes various domain extensions.
- A bulk search tool with extension filtering.
- Offers clear information for all domain-related expenses.
- Extensive online documentation.
- Fully featured DNS management system.
- Unique system for designing your site.
- Free SSL for one-year.
- Supports 600+ domain extensions.
- No phone or live chat support.
- Comparatively higher pricing.
Where To Host Your Domain Name?
The first thing you need to do after buying a domain name is getting a web hosting service.
Though domain registrars offer web hosting, it’s not a good idea to buy hosting from them. When it comes to web hosting, top web hosts provide better services than domain registrars.
Here at RoadToBlogging.com, I use and recommend WPXHosting. It’s a WordPress Optimized Host. But it’s a little bit expensive than the other hosts.
If you are looking for a budget hosting, here are some suggestions for you.
HostGator: I started my blogging journey with HostGator. It’s the best web host for beginners. It accepts monthly payment. You can get the first month hosting for just one cent.
Bluehost: Bluehost is WordPress.org recommended host. It offers a free domain name. It’s cheap and reliable.
A2 Hosting: Both HostGator & Bluehost are owned by EIG, the largest web hosting company. A2 Hosting is one best EIG Alternatives. It accepts several payment methods.
Choosing the best domain name registrar is a critical step in starting a new blog. Now that you have read this article, you know which the best domain name registrars are and what features they offer.
While each domain registrar has some unique features, I especially like Namecheap and GoDaddy for their hassle-free user experience and robust set of features. If you are looking for a new domain registrar, you can give either of them a try.
So, which domain registrar are you using right now? Let me know by leaving a comment below. And if you find the post useful, please share it on Facebook and Twitter.
7 Places To Buy Cheap Domain Name