Nubia Z11 Mini S Hands-on [Images]
The Chinese smartphone maker, Nubia has introduced a new smartphone named Nubia Z11 Mini S in India with an amazing price of ₹16,999. Undoubtedly, the smartphone has a well-designed exterior that looks highly premium at a first glance. To battle with the existing smartphones in the market, Nubia has kept the pricing very competitive. Let’s have a look at the Nubia Z11 Mini S.
Nubia Z11 Mini S Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD LTPS Display (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution | 424 ppi | 450 nits) with 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back
- Software: Nubia UI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- CPU: Up to 2.0 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (MSM8953), 14nm FinFET
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 4 GB RAM, LPDDR3 (933 MHz)
- Storage: 64 GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, MicroSD up to 200 GB (SIM2 Slot)
- Main Camera: 23 MP f/2.0 (Sony IMX318), PDAF + Contrast Focus, Sapphire glass lens protection, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP f/2.4 (Sony IMX258), PDAF + Contrast Focus, wide angle lens (80 degrees)
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Wi‑Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, GLONASS
- Sensors: Electronic compass, G-sensor, Light sensor, Gyro-sensor, Proximity sensor
- Cellular: 4G LTE, Dual nano SIM (GSM + GSM), SIM2 as MicroSD, VoLTE-enabled
- Battery: 3,000 mAh Li-Po (non-removable)
- Dimensions: 146 mm x 72 mm x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 158 grams
- Colors: Khaki Grey, Moon Gold
- Price: ₹16,999
The gorgeous looking Nubia Z11 Mini S is light, thin and compact offering a great comfort in hands. The back has a nice smooth curvy feeling, it’s a whole aircraft grade aluminum body wrapped up to the front display. The display is a 5-inch full HD LTPS screen using thin bezels covered with a 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3.
The phone looks highly premium with top notch quality materials, it has a polished design and smooth surfaces, Nubia has done a great job in making it. It definitely has an edge over the existing smartphones in the design segment. Despite its the cutting-edge price, anyone can be mistaken for a premium phone.
It’s quite a long time Nubia Z11 Mini S entered India, it was already launched in China 5 months back and then showcased at MWC 2017. Otherwise, the phone would have received a lot of impressions before others make their way to India like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. The Nubia Z11 Mini S is available in Khaki Grey and Moon Gold color variants.
The Nubia Z11 Mini S has a huge 23 MP f/2.0 Sony camera (IMX318) and it seems that the camera could be the USP of the phone, and what’s better than to incorporate a Sony camera that’s been used in the expensive smartphones like ASUS ZenFone 3 Ultra.
The Nubia Z11 Mini S comes with a fingerprint sensor at the back of the phone and you can see the Nubia branding embossed. To highlight other features of the phone, it has got a red-colored backlit home key and a USB Type-C port.
And that’s not it, the Nubia Z11 Mini S is also backed with a great hardware, it is powered by a 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 CPU along with a huge 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM, Adreno 506 GPU and 32 GB storage which can be expanded up to 200 GB using MicroSD card. It sports a 3,000 mAh battery that sounds decent. According to Nubia, its battery can last more than 2 days if used as a daily driver, 12 days standby time and 33 hours for calling.
Both the cameras are from Sony itself. The main camera boasts a 23 MP f/2.0 (Sony IMX298) with Sapphire glass lens protection and LED flash. On the front, there’s 8 MP f/2.4 (Sony IMX179) with wide angle lens (80 degrees). The camera uses a NeoVision 6 technology to get the best photography experience.
Moving to the right side, it has a volume control and power button. The buttons are pleasing and provide a good feedback. On the left, you will find a hybrid SIM tray which holds two 4G nano SIM cards both GSM or a MicroSD on SIM2 as an option. The phone supports 4G LTE network and it is VoLTE enabled.
Unlike other smartphones that offer a standard USB port, this one has got a USB Type-C port. More to the bottom is the dual grill design. The left side has a loudspeaker while the right side has a microphone. There’s another microphone on the top alongside a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
Nubia Z11 Mini S boasts a Nubia UI 4.0 which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The user interface offers a variety of features like FiT 2.0, Split Screen, run two accounts on same apps (WhatsApp, Facebook), built-in screen recorder, and much more. The interface uses gesture-based controls, if you swipe from the top-left of the screen, you can draw the gestures to open apps quickly.
Share us your views or what do you think about the Nubia Z11 Mini S smartphone in the comments.
Nubia Z11 Mini S Hands-on [Images]